Key Stage 3 Maths - Lesson Objectives, Keywords and Resources - Year 8 - Handling Data
To be able to:
- Discuss a problem that can be addressed by statistical methods and identify related questions to explore.
- Decide which data to collect to answer a question, and the degree of accuracy needed; identify possible sources.
- Plan how to collect the data, including sample size; design and use two-way tables for discrete data.
- Collect data using a suitable method, such as observation, controlled experiment, using ICT, or questionnaire.
- Communicate orally and on paper the results of a statistical enquiry and themethods used, using ICT as appropriate; justify the choice of what is presented.
Problem, hypothesis, survey, experiment, questionnaire, oobservation, data.